Wednesday, December 31, 2008

new year's eve



next to my birthday and thanksgiving, new year's eve is my favorite holiday. you get dressed in a smart outfit, drink everything in sight, and be super-celebratory all night long. sign me up!! this year will be a new venture in the new year's eve excursions. in my new york years i've gone to open bars (2003 & 2004), hosted an insane party in my tiny hell's kitchen apartment (2005 - maybe my favorite nye to date), gone to the SoHa ballroom (2006), and celebrated at beef and boards (2007). obviously, i've been out of the city for new year's, but i've certainly never celebrated one in china... ever. this year, 30 of us have gotten together to rent a boat to drive us around the harbor for a few hours, then we're heading out. it should be a blast. thank you, mickey mouse. 

pat landed safely last night. i picked him up from the airport around 800pm. we headed back to my apartment, ordered pizza, and started drinking. (hide your shock.) next thing i know, we've headed back out for some drinking, dancing, and general cavorting. good times.

i'll definitely miss my new year's day brunch with kel and jack. pat and i will carry on the tradition here in hong kong. 

HAPPY 2009.

No comments: